The first GN was built in 1910, and was featured in an article in ‘The Motor Cycle’ in October of that year. Three models were offered for sale in 1911, although no photograph has survived of the single-seater version.
GN produced their own engine for the 1912 cars, and in the following year, after GN participation in the Amiens ‘Grand Prix des Sidecars et Cyclecars’ the Grand Prix model was introduced.
For 1915 the Touring model was offered at the competitive price of 88 guineas, windscreen, hood, spare wheel and lighting being available at extra cost. The Grand Prix was available at £112, whilst for £155 the Vitesse model could be purchased, with a higher compression and specially tuned engine, together with an aluminium body.
1916 In January 1916 GN announced that due to the works being largely engaged on Government munition work they were only able to supply the Grand Prix model and the 3-Seater model. The Grand Prix was priced at £120, or £134 if supplied with 2 side lamps and tail lamp, hood and screen, horn, pump and tools. The 3-Seater was £150, or £164 if equipped as above.
Bill Boddy estimated that about 150 GN’s were sold before the Great War. In 1919 the Company entered a period of greatly increased production, with a more developed version of the car, employing a steel chassis frame, conventional steering box in place of wire & bobbin steering, three-speed and reverse transmission, with chain-drive throughout. The Standard model was fitted with the familiar IOE valve layout, whilst the Vitesse had an OHV engine.
In 1920 the Société des Moteurs Salmson embarked on the production of GN’s under licence. The French GN was almost identical to the English version, and was offered with the IOE engine, or the OHV version fitted to the ‘Sport’ model. Trevor Tarring states that 1,563 Salmson GN’s were manufactured.
In August 1922 the Company announced the Sports Model in an advertisement in the Light Car & Cyclecar. The model did not appear in any brochures, but was apparently built in the French factory, and replaced the Légère model.